Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you had successfully quit smoking for just a few days, a few weeks or even a few months or years only to find that you were back where you started like you were playing a snake and ladder board game?
Do you find yourself lighting up the cigarette once more? I need to concede. I did. That is because I lacked something, and I had to learn it on the job. And maybe this is why I’m telling you about my experience so you can avoid making the same mistake in the future.
You probably already know that smoking is typically justified by the desire to “release stress.” This “release stress” has become a reality that does not exist for some reason. Nicotine addiction is the only thing that makes you feel relaxed. You do not require cigarettes in your life!
The issue: Since it became the truth, many people have believed that smoking can relieve stress.
Therefore, when a person who is undergoing the process of quitting smoking becomes unable to cope with stress after some time, guess what they turn to? Cigarettes!
The answer to this is not only to stop smoking but also to:
Find other methods of stress reduction and relaxation!
Once you have established this straightforward idea, you will be better able to deal with stress in other ways rather than returning to the dark side of the road.
Alternative methods for unwinding and reducing stress include:
• Exercise This word seems to turn people off by itself. Did you know that our bodies require exercise regularly, at least twice per week? However, in this modern world, exercise is somehow regarded as uncommon. Swimming is my favorite activity. I’m able to get a good night’s sleep without being disturbed, and it helps me relax to the fullest extent possible.
• Take a Hot Bath Pamper yourself by taking a hot bath with light music playing in the background and dim lighting. • Meditation Techniques like Yoga and Tai Chi have been shown to have positive effects and increase one’s energy for hundreds of years.
• Reading is a good way to distract yourself and “escape from reality” for a while.
• Watch Comedies. Do you already know that laughing is the best medicine?
• A wonderful way to unwind and let go of decades of stress is a massage and spa.
You should have now got the idea. Anything that it is, ensure you have a choice to unwind and deliver pressure as opposed to finding “the” excuse of turning around to cigarettes. Despite its apparent simplicity, it works very well. Try it, and you’ll be surprised at how all of those things can help you get rid of smoking forever.
Leave a Comment